The Council produces Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) to provide further detail on certain policies and proposals in the Local Development Plan.
SPGs help to ensure certain policies and proposals are better understood and applied more effectively. They are material considerations in determining planning applications.
The Council has produced SPG for the following topics:
- Access, Car Parking and Design
- Ebbw Vale Sustainable Regeneration Framework
- Ebbw Vale Sustainable Regeneration Framework Annex Documents A-H
- Hot Food and Drink Uses in Town Centres
- Heads of the Valleys Smaller Scale Wind Turbine Development – Landscape Sensitivity and Capacity Study
- Householder Design Guidance
- Model Design Guide for Wales Residential Development
- Nature Conservation Planning Guidance
- Planning Guidance for Smaller Scale Wind Turbine Development Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment Requirements
- Shopfronts and Advertisements
- Tredegar Townscape Initiative
Interim Planning Guidance
The following documents were approved by the Council on 22nd November 2012 and have interim planning policy status.
- Planning Obligations
- Update to Annex 1, Figure 1: Discounted Fixed Values for the transfer of Social Rented Units from a Developer to an RSL
Any future SPG consultations will be published on the Council’s consultation page.
Name of Team: Planning Policy
Telephone Number (01495) 354740
Address: Municipal Offices, Civic Centre, Ebbw Vale, Gwent, NP23 6XB