Civil Parking Enforcement (CPE)
Blaenau Gwent CBC has been enforcing its Traffic Regulation Orders since 2019.
The aim of Civil Parking Enforcement is to:
- Improve traffic flow and road safety across the County Borough.
- Improve public transport reliability and journey times.
- Reduce the misuse of disabled and residents parking bays.
- Reduce parking problems around schools and in town centres.
- Improve access and reduce delays for emergency vehicles.
- Improve access for delivery vehicles.
- Improve conditions for pedestrians, cyclists and the disabled community.
Since BGCBC has enforced parking contraventions, there has been an increase in queries and requests to the CPE Team for parking enforcement throughout the borough. The CPE Team has put together a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help address some of the queries, which can be found here:
FAQ’s Civil Parking Enforcement
However, please note that for all queries relating to a Parking Penalty Charge Notice you have received in Blaenau Gwent, you will need to contact the South Wales Parking Group using one of the following options:
Post: SWPG, PO Box 112, Pontypridd, CF37 9EL
Telephone: 03333 200867
*Please check your spam/junk folders for a response
Abandoned vehicles should be reported to the Council's Environmental Health Department. Please email EnvironmentalHealthMailbox@blaenau-gwent.gov.uk with details of the vehicle, including make, model, colour and its location (street and town).
Untaxed vehicles are enforced by the DVLA. If you wish to report a vehicle as untaxed, please visit Report an untaxed vehicle - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
There are further details on the www.gov.uk website.