Electric Taxi Scheme
The Electric Taxi Scheme gives licensed taxi drivers in Blaenau Gwent the chance to trial a fully electric, wheelchair-accessible Nissan Dynamo taxi E-NV200 for 30 days and view the financial and environmental benefits of zero-emission vehicles.
What's involved in the scheme?
The scheme involves:
- Use of a fully electric, wheelchair-accessible Nissan Dynamo E-NV200 for 30 days
- free vehicle licensing
- free breakdown cover (less vehicles out of battery charge)*
Before, during and on completion of the trial, drivers will be asked to complete evaluation surveys, and be provided with further information on schemes and assistance available for long term ownership of zero-emission vehicles.
The scheme is free to use for the duration of the pilot with the following exceptions:
- We will secure a £100 deposit which will be fully refunded when the vehicle is returned in a clean satisfactory condition.
- The cost of vehicle recovery will be made where the vehicle has run out of battery charge*.
Who can take part?
The scheme is provided for Hackney Carriage Licence Holders operating Blaenau Gwent.
To take part in the scheme you must:
- Be a Hackney Licence holder within the Local Authority boundary you wish to participate within the scheme.
- Hold a full UK issued 'driving licence' within no more than six penalty points or have been previously disqualified.
- Be aged between 25 and 75 years of age
- Not have been involved in more than one blameworthy road traffic collision in the previous 3-year period
How to take part?
You can apply online to take part in the scheme.
What happens after applying?
1. The driver and taxi licence details will be checked
2. Our Reservations Team will contact the participant to confirm if they have been successful and discuss potential dates to take part.
3. The booking will be passed to our respective branch who will prepare the vehicle in readiness for your use.
4. The vehicle will be handed over to you following a vehicle condition. inspection which will be repeated on the safe return of the vehicle.
5. A vehicle electric charging card will be provided free to you for the duration of your use.
6. Your existing hackney licenced cab vehicle can be stored at our branch location for the period of the trial -"Storage Charges will apply
The Welsh Government has set a target of de-carbonising the Taxi Fleet by 2028. Green Taxi pilots will help in achieving this target as it will help taxi drivers realise the financial and environmental benefits of zero-emission vehicles, which will hopefully contribute to the transition from diesel and petrol vehicles to Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs).