Report Unauthorised Works

Unauthorised Work

How do I report unauthorised building work?

If you think building work is being undertaken without approval or contrary to the requirements of  the Building Regulations, you can contact the council by telephone  on 01495  311556 and request to be put through to the building control department or by e-mail at:-

Please provide as much information as you can such as the address, location and nature of the work if known.  This will assist us in dealing with the complaint quickly.


Unauthorised work and contravention complaints are always treated in the strictest confidence.  If you advise us of a scheme, we will not pass on your details to the owner of the property.

It would be helpful if you could provide your contact details as we may require further information or clarification about the scheme.

Contact Information

Building Control
Telephone Number: 01495 364848
Address: Building Control, General Offices, Steelworks road, Ebbw Vale, NP23 6DN
Email Address: